“Any policies or rules regarding face mask usage can only be established by the Ministry of Health (MOH). The Ministry of Transport will not set our own policy (regarding the matter).
“So far, it is not compulsory (to wear face masks while on public transport), we only encourage it. So it is up to members of the public,” he told reporters after officiating the China (ChongQing)-Malaysia New International Land-Sea Trade Corridor Regional Cooperation and Exchange Conference here today.
Yesterday, Health Minister Datuk Seri Dr Dzulkefly Ahmad said that the government does not intend to reinstate restrictions such as the Movement Control Order (MCO) at present, despite the recent spike in COVID-19 cases in Malaysia.
The situation was still under control, and healthcare facilities were not burdened, as a result of MOH strengthening the COVID-19 Management Plan, which outlines five main strategies, he said.
A total of 20,696 COVID-19 cases were reported during the 50th Epidemiology Week (ME) from Dec 10 to Dec 16, which is an increase of 62.2 percent compared to 12,757 cases in ME-49.– BERNAMA
By Sarawakian Have you ever jalan-jalan using the LRT in Subang Jaya? If not, try lah one day. Instead of… Read More
By Paul Yung A few years ago, a friend opened a new restaurant and invited a group of us to… Read More
Subang Jaya residents are highly discerning, yes? We are demanding, yes? We want the very best for our city, correct?… Read More
My dear Subang Constituents, In my SJ Echo article last month, I spoke about my oath and duty as a… Read More
In Subang Jaya, the signs are familiar when election season comes around. The uncles at kopitiams lean in over their… Read More