Its chief operating officer, Datuk Zakaria Ahmad Zabidi said these strategies involve user comfort, traffic management, traffic distribution and efficient communication.
“PLUS highways often record consistent increases in traffic of up to two million vehicles per day every festive season and based on the current trend of vehicle movement, PLUS expects an increase to 2.1 million vehicles per day,” he said in a statement.
“A total of 450 PLUSRonda members will be patrolling to offer assistance to highway users. There will be no lane closures between Feb 5 and 16 in conjunction with the festive season,” he said in a statement.
Elaborating further, Zakaria said 14 locations of traffic concentration will be activated at a set time and date to enable PLUS to increase the number of lanes on the routes involved to facilitate traffic movement.
“We also welcome the Transport Ministry and Road Transport Department’s announcement of the ban on heavy vehicles on highways from Feb 8 to 9 and Feb 12 to 13 to allow users to move more smoothly and comfortably during the festive season,” he also said.
On Jan 30, PLUS launched the MYPLUS-TTA feature via the PLUS application for the convenience of highway users in planning their journeys during the festive season, in addition to helping reduce congestion on highways through a traffic distribution strategy.– BERNAMA
By Sarawakian Have you ever jalan-jalan using the LRT in Subang Jaya? If not, try lah one day. Instead of… Read More
By Paul Yung A few years ago, a friend opened a new restaurant and invited a group of us to… Read More
Subang Jaya residents are highly discerning, yes? We are demanding, yes? We want the very best for our city, correct?… Read More
My dear Subang Constituents, In my SJ Echo article last month, I spoke about my oath and duty as a… Read More
In Subang Jaya, the signs are familiar when election season comes around. The uncles at kopitiams lean in over their… Read More