He said the 220 hotspots are among those comprising settlements built by them illegally as well as houses or buildings rented by them.
“Immigration will continuously carry out large-scale operations nationwide to flush the hotspots discovered and we will not compromise on the matter.
“As a record, a total of 3,262 immigrants were detained from Jan 1 to Jan 16 (yesterday) for various immigration offences, including not having a passport, staying beyond the time limit and building illegal settlements,” he said in a special press conference at the Home Ministry Complex, here. today.
Ruslin said that during the same period, immigration detained a total of 35 employers who employed illegal immigrants on their premises.
“I would like to warn employers who employ illegal immigrants will be face serious actions as we do not tolerate such people.
“Most of the local employers are seen to be misusing the passports and providing illegal settlements to immigrants so that they can continue to work in this country,” he said.
He said immigration will conduct inspections at every premises including restaurants.
Ruslin said his department will also continue to expand operations to track down employers across the country who are still stubborn despite having been warned many times earlier. — BERNAMA
By Sarawakian Have you ever jalan-jalan using the LRT in Subang Jaya? If not, try lah one day. Instead of… Read More
By Paul Yung A few years ago, a friend opened a new restaurant and invited a group of us to… Read More
Subang Jaya residents are highly discerning, yes? We are demanding, yes? We want the very best for our city, correct?… Read More
My dear Subang Constituents, In my SJ Echo article last month, I spoke about my oath and duty as a… Read More
In Subang Jaya, the signs are familiar when election season comes around. The uncles at kopitiams lean in over their… Read More