Bukit Aman Criminal Investigation Department director Datuk Seri Mohd Shuhaily Mohd Zain said the two Colombian men and four locals including two women, aged between 45 and 62, were arrested on Jan 3.
Mohd Shuhaily said with the arrests, police have solved 10 housebreaking cases in Selangor and nine in Johor, involving losses totalling RM1.9 million.
The syndicate, which has been active since October last year, targeted luxury houses by impersonating goods delivery men, he told a press conference at the Selangor contingent police headquarters here today.
“If there are no occupants at home, they would break in. The loot would be sold to a buyer, a 55-year-old local woman, at a shopping centre in the Klang Valley,” he said.
Following the arrests, police inspected five locations in Selangor and Kuala Lumpur and seized an assortment of goods, including 64 branded wristwatches, 79 jewellery items, 146 pieces of foreign currencies and RM1,821 in cash.
“All the suspects have been remanded at the Shah Alam district police headquarters until today and the case is being investigated under Section 457 of the Penal Code,” he added.
By Sarawakian Have you ever jalan-jalan using the LRT in Subang Jaya? If not, try lah one day. Instead of… Read More
By Paul Yung A few years ago, a friend opened a new restaurant and invited a group of us to… Read More
Subang Jaya residents are highly discerning, yes? We are demanding, yes? We want the very best for our city, correct?… Read More
My dear Subang Constituents, In my SJ Echo article last month, I spoke about my oath and duty as a… Read More
In Subang Jaya, the signs are familiar when election season comes around. The uncles at kopitiams lean in over their… Read More